Why Join NPSS and IEEE?
Membership in NPSS provides regular communication and direct technical interchange with the foremost international practitioners of nuclear and plasma sciences and engineering through its premier publications and its international, regional, and chapter meetings.
- Being a member of your professional society shows that you are serious about your chosen profession.
- Being a member of your professional society gives you a wide group of colleagues through regular attendance at meetings and these contacts are independent of your colleagues at work.
- Being involved leads to recognition by your peers, strengthening your career.
- Member volunteer opportunities in NPSS gives leadership experience, again strengthening your career.
A History of NPSS is available here.
NPSS Members and Affiliates receive:
- Significant discounts on registration rates for the Annual International NPSS Conferences and on purchases of NPSS Conference Proceedings,
- NPSS Newsletter published four times per year,
- Electronic access via Xplore to the contents of Transactions on Nuclear Science (TNS),
- Electronic access via Xplore to the contents of Transactions on Plasma Science (TPS),
- Electronic access via Xplore to the contents of Transactions on Radiation and Plasma Medical Science (TRPMS),
- Electronic access via Xplore to all NPSS Conference Records,
- Electronic access via Xplore to the abstracts of all IEEE journals,
- Reduced rates on subscriptions to the IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging.
IEEE members also receive:
- Subscriptions to the monthly magazine SPECTRUM (12 issues) and to The Institute, a monthly members news supplement.
- Low rates on IEEE’s many publications.
- Member rates to attend any IEEE-sponsored conference.
- In some countries, attractive rates on insurance that is independent of your current employment.
How to Join
- If you are not currently an IEEE member and would like to join IEEE and NPSS then you can do so on-line at IEEE Membership Service.
- If you are already an IEEE-NPSS Member and want to renew your membership on-line then follow IEEE Renewal.
- If you wish to join IEEE-NPSS as a Student Member then follow Student Membership.
- If you wish to join NPSS as an Affiliate (without becoming an IEEE Member) then follow Affiliate Membership.
You may become a Member of the Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society by meeting any one of the following requirements:
- You are already a member of IEEE.
- Or you graduated from a four-year engineering or related course of study in an accredited school, and you are recommended by an IEEE member.
- Or you provide evidence of professional achievement comparable to that required for IEEE membership (e.g. formal education or professional position), and you are recommended by an IEEE member.
You may become an NPSS Affiliate Member if your professional interests are in the fields covered by NPSS, but you do not desire the additional benefits derived from belonging to the parent IEEE Organization. You will be entitled to all the benefits of NPSS but not of IEEE. You may join as an NPSS Affiliate if:
- You have established membership in a professional society that is recognized by NPSS for affiliation purposes. There are many such societies in engineering, medicine, and the physical/life sciences.
- Or you have professional achievements in nuclear or plasma science or engineering, and you are recommended by an IEEE member.
You may join as a Student Member if you are registered for at least 50% of a full-time academic program in a field related to nuclear or plasma sciences or engineering.