Go to the NPSS Newsletter Archive
All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors.
Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) is a not-for-profit organization that provides persistent unique identifiers for researchers, much like a DOI does for a published article. Researchers can sign up for an ORCID for free via an easy registration process on orcid.org.
Follow these steps to link a ScholarOne account to a registered ORCID:
- Login to ScholarOne and click on your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click E-mail / Name in the dropdown menu.
- In the ORCID section at the top of the page, click the appropriate link to either register for a new ORCID or associate the account with an existing ORCID.
- A new page will open to create and/or validate your ORCID. Once the validation is complete, the new page will close and you will return to ScholarOne.
- Save the changes to your ScholarOne user account.
Authors who do not have an ORCID in their ScholarOne user account will be prompted to provide one during submission.