All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors.
Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) is a not-for-profit organization that provides persistent unique identifiers for researchers, much like a DOI does for a published article. Researchers can sign up for an ORCID for free via an easy registration process on orcid.org.
Follow these steps to link a ScholarOne account to a registered ORCID:
- Login to ScholarOne and click on your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click E-mail / Name in the dropdown menu.
- In the ORCID section at the top of the page, click the appropriate link to either register for a new ORCID or associate the account with an existing ORCID.
- A new page will open to create and/or validate your ORCID. Once the validation is complete, the new page will close and you will return to ScholarOne.
- Save the changes to your ScholarOne user account.
Authors who do not have an ORCID in their ScholarOne user account will be prompted to provide one during submission.
CERNCourier Article from 2004 on NSS/MIC Conference