Free IEEE + NPSS Membership for Student Chapters
The NPSS Student Membership Fee Subsidy Program is a new program to encourage NPSS student membership in low-income countries. It offers one-year complimentary IEEE plus NPSS memberships for undergraduate students in association with the NPSS Chapters Program. These free memberships are intended to increase the membership of existing NPSS student chapters in low-income countries and to support the establishment of new NPSS student chapters.
The NPSS Student Membership Fee Subsidy Program policy:
- NPSS will cover up to twenty (20) undergraduate student memberships per year for each eligible NPSS student chapter located in a country where the per capita gross national income (GNI) does not exceed US$15,000 (per World Bank guidelines, using a three-year average), or to assist IEEE student branches in the establishment of new NPSS student chapters.
- For a list of countries, see: https://www.ieee.org/membership/join/emember-countries.html
- All membership applications under this program must be coordinated by NPSS Student Chapter Officers or IEEE Student Branch officers. Please do not submit individual requests.
- The best time to request free memberships under this program is at the beginning of the fall academic year, since the memberships will begin immediately and continue through the following calendar year.
- IMPORTANT: The NPSS Student Membership Fee Subsidy is a ‘one-time only’ member benefit for each student, and can only be used for new memberships, not for membership renewals.
For additional information, please contact Steve Gold (email@example.com), the NPSS chapter coordinator.
Free NPSS Membership for Students
If you are already a student or graduate student member of the IEEE, or if you are just joining the IEEE for the first time, you are invited to join the IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society for free. This one-time only benefit is available using the links in the following paragraphs. In addition, when it is time to renew your IEEE student or graduate student membership, continuing your NPSS student membership will now cost only $2 per year.
Already an IEEE Student or Graduate Student Member for 2024? To add NPSS to your existing IEEE Student Membership for free, click here. This offer is only for students who haven’t previously received a free NPSS membership. The IEEE 2024 membership year will end on August 15, 2024. Please do not use this link unless you have already renewed your IEEE membership for the current membership year. Instead use the link in the next paragraph.
Not yet an IEEE Student or Graduate Student Member for 2024? To join the IEEE or renew your IEEE membership for the current membership year and get free NPSS Membership at the same time, click here. This offer is only for students who haven’t previously received a free NPSS membership. The IEEE 2024 membership year will end on August 15, 2024.
Want to form a NPSS Student Branch Chapter? It’s easier than you think:
The petition along with complete instructions to create a new NPSS Student Branch Chapter at your college or university can be found at this petition link. It requires:
- The presence of an IEEE Student Branch at your college or university. The student branch counselor is required to endorse the petition.
- A student branch chapter faculty advisor, who must be an NPSS member.
- The signatures of six (6) NPSS student or graduate student members of your college or university, one of whom will serve as organizer to initiate the petition and to serve as interim chair once the petition is approved.
- Approval of the completed petition by the NPSS and by the IEEE Region.